Decrease text size Normal text size Increase text size
  • Black Theme
  • Default Theme
  • screen reader
English | हिंदी
Government of Uttar Pradesh
Registration of Vehicle


Regarding Registration Of Vehicle

The RTO / ARTO of the district / city in which the applicant resides and drives the vehicle

It can be renewed by the Registering Authority of the district / city of the state in which the applicant presently resides and drives the vehicle.

Temporary RC for a period of 1 month can be issued by the Registering Authority of the city where the vehicle is originally purchased, in order to enable the vehicle to be driven to the city where it will be permanently registered subsequently.

The RC is valid for the vehicle to be driven throughout India

15 years from the date of issue for a new vehicle, and then renewable for 5 years thereafter.

In case the vehicle is to be transferred for use in the new city for a period exceeding 12 months, the application for assignment of a new registration number will be done as per procedures mentioned in the guidelines

In case the vehicle is to be transferred to another city within the same state, and is to be used there for more than 6 months, then the application for transfer will be made as per procedures mentioned in the guidelines.

No, the basic structure of any vehicle as originally manufactures, can not be altered in any case, save for the following exceptions:

  • (a) In case the engine is modified so as to alter the type of fuel used into battery / CNG / LPG / solar power, or any other fuel or source of energy by fitment of a conversion kit.
  • (b) In case the engine has become defective and is replaced by another engine of exactly the same make and type as the original.

No, none of these conversions are allowed.

Any trailer has to be registered under the same provisions that apply to the registration of vehicles.